Monday, September 21, 2009

Plantation Field CCI** Results

Thank you so much to my mom, Pam Johnson, for stepping in to blog for me on Saturday night. My computer went on the blink on Thursday, so I was stranded with nothing but my blackberry all weekend. The computer is going to the doctor today. My mom was the editor in chief of the Pennington Post while I was a teenager, so I asked her to do a little reporting for me!

Jet jumped clean yesterday in the last phase of the CIC**. He has rarely jumped clean at this level, but I tried a new technique in warm-up and it seemed to work. I made sure he knocked a jump down before we went in the ring. I was thrilled with his eager round.

With no points in show jumping, he moved up to 9th place overall. We were presented with a ribbon during the awards ceremony and we took a victory gallop, which Jet well deserved. I have three weeks to iron out some of the wrinkles in our dressage ride before Fair Hill. Today Jet is relaxing and looking fit, sound and happy.

Enjoy the beautiful weather!

Ashley


No comments: