Friday, February 20, 2009



How surreal life is!  Today is the first day of Rocking Horse Winter III and here I am at the show grounds on my wireless card catching up on my blog!  I am competing Jet and Doc at preliminary here this weekend.  Between last weekend and this weekend life has been crazy as I tried to catch up after the show last weekend, finish my taxes, host another event rider from Texas, and do a final few schools to prep for this weekend.  On top of all of this, the Wetherills are visiting this weekend as well as my student Lynn Rzonca and her parents. 

Today we did dressage and show jumping and tomorrow we do cross country.  Jet scored a 37.5 in dressage and Doc scored a 38.3 with a different judge.  Jet jumped stadium well but took one rail down.  Doc will go at 4:44.  Below are some final pictures from last weekend.  The horse pictures are the Irish draught stallion K.E.C. Double Diamond.  I rode him for my dressage instructor here in Ocala, Jutta Heinshon.  We competed in novice and it was his first horse trials.  "Oisin" was fabulous and jumped clean everywhere to finish fifth of about twenty four horses.  Our go inspired Jutta to compete him at a dressage show in a few weeks.  

I'm off to ride Doc! 

Ashley 



1 comment:

janebo said...

Woo-hoo! Good luck
jane