Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dressage results and cross country today . . .



We scored a 61.4 in dressage yesterday which put us in 23rd place out of 33 horses.  This was just about where I expected to place.  Jet is very obedient, but since he is only a year and a half off of the race track he is still very green in the dressage ring.  He needs to learn how to relax and perform, which he will.  I was pleased with his test.  His real forte, though, is the jumping.  Today he was excellent.  He jumped clean and confidently around the seven and a half minute course.  I can feel where he has gained skill over the past few months and I can also see where he still needs to practice.  Some of the jumps that come quickly off of turns still surprise him.  As he gets more experienced he will start to look for those jumps.  At the close of today Jet was feeling excellent and he was in 15th place.  Tomorrow we show jump.  Right now I am at the movies about to see the new Bond movie with my mom and Brian!  Can't keep them waiting!

Ashley

No comments: