Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rolex, Tuesday April 21st





We arrived yesterday.  I had forgotten how beautiful this part of the country is.  There are rolling hills, the spring blossoms are out on the trees and the grass is so green!  Just after we got to Kentucky horse park I was grazing Doc in a spring shower and I saw the sun come through.  I turned and there was a full rainbow spreading over the showgrounds!  

The last time I was here to watch was two years ago.  The crowds throughout the weekend are incredible.  They are nothing like any other show in my sport in this country.  I was wondering what I would think about competing in front of such an audience.  I still don't exactly know the answer, as today everyone is still unpacking and settling in.  The spectators won't arrive in force until later in the week.  What I felt upon arrival to the showgrounds though, surprised me.  I saw the big, new, beautiful grandstand that has been built for the World Equestrian Games that are going to be held here next year and I felt happiness!  I am actually looking forward to riding in that ring!  

Gina and Holley arrive today.  The trot-up is at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon and Doc will do his dressage on Thursday after lunch.  

Until tomorrow!
Ashley    

1 comment:

janebo said...

We're all cheering for you
Go Team Ashley!!!
Jane