Thursday, May 6, 2010

Snow Birds Fly North, Day One at Jersey Fresh CIC***






There is so much to catch up on! I have been on the road for much of the past few weeks. Brian and I drove his shoeing rig out to Rolex two weeks ago to watch and to help his clients there. As always, it was very inspiring to be in such a great venue with the opportunity to watch world class horses and riders. In particular it is wonderful to be able to watch riders from abroad who I do not get to see compete very often. Congratulations to William Fox Pitt on his first Rolex win!

From Kentucky, I hitched a ride back to Ocala while Brian drove on to Pennsylvania to leave his rig here for the summer. Once back in Ocala, I made a two day turn-around and then headed up the I-95 corridor to my summer station here in Plymouth Meeting with Doc, Monte, Jet, Jada, and a few of my plants. In the mean time, Brian flew back down to Florida.

This week, Jet and I are competing in the Jersey Fresh CIC***, held at the Horse Park of New Jersey. This event is always fun for me because I grew up about thirty five minutes from the Horse Park and many of the key players in organizing, hosting, and running this event have known me since I was a wee lass. Today was the trot up, and pictured at the top are Gina, Holley, Jet, and me. We will do dressage tomorrow morning and then cross country on Saturday. I will try to blog through the weekend, but I am making it short and sweet tonight. I need to be in bed by 10:00!

No comments: